dimanche, avril 29, 2007

I tell my ex husband that my mechanic came down to help get my car started when the battery died and he comments that this is what they do out here in the country. Jimmy did charge me, but not a heck of a lot. Anyway, how many mechanics just leave the car they are working on and come down to help someone?

Well, back to my ex. He seems to think it's quaint that people help each other up here in the exurbs. My neighbor just lent me one of his mowers, since apparently I gummed up my carburetor. Never leave old gas in the tank when you are not mowing the lawn-again, something that you only know by being a guy who knows or by being a woman who learns.

Somehow pondering community and country values got me thinking about polyamory again. I don't know much about it yet. I can't imagine having more than one boyfriend or partner-finding the right one is turning out to be amazingly challenging.

That being said, I can find it easier to imagine imagining having two lovers than having a partner who keeps guns in the house.

Part of the issue for me is learning to use my imagination a bit more (love, not guns).

So maybe I could be a polyamorist...and maybe I could be a triathlete, too. Or learn to understand Japanese.

Or train cats to walk on a leash so their owners can shock the neighbors? Sorry-I've got spring fever, and I'd love to get my cat to walk on a leash.

1 commentaire:

Holy a dit…

Great post!