dimanche, avril 25, 2010

Sunday night manifesto

I want to walk as a child of the light.
And I'm not talking theologically as much as practically.
I want out of the shadows. I don't want to pretend, or paper over, or parse.
I want to live at peace with the toughest adversary -- myself. Or at least at truce. I want there to be no gap between the person I am and the person I seem to be.

How about you?

2 commentaires:

dadshouse a dit…

The person you are and seem to be contains elements of dark and light. To only know the light is to lack depth.

BigLittleWolf a dit…

I am less concerned with knowing myself these days. It's inevitable that we are constantly relearning ourselves, and some of us, never at "peace." I don't seek that sort of peace.

While my energies are admittedly elsewhere these days, perhaps I prefer the questioning, and even the gaps.