dimanche, décembre 28, 2008

Stars and garbage

Often, I have to have a good talk with myself before I take the trash up to the street. You see, I have a long driveway. Longer than my neighbors on all sides -- maybe the longest one in the development. Could be it's the longest in Glenmoore, and possibly in the five county area. I know there's a word for this type of exaggeration (bull?).

Yet tonight I was happy to have the chance to carry the recycled paper up to the end of the driveway. It's been a very long time since I actually took a few minutes and looked, really looked up at the heavens. The stars are phenomenal--one in particular, in the west, glowed like a lamp in the night sky. I admit, I have no idea what star that is. I'm guessing it's not Venus, the morning star.

If anyone else knows, please let us know -- if everyone BUT me knows, I will eat crow and find a stars for kids book.

Around the world, there is such tremendous suffering, much of it meted out by self-righteous zealots, that seeing the glimmering stars on a winter evening is a privilege --and a call to listen harder.

Aucun commentaire: