mercredi, février 10, 2010

I'm so excited....

We've got an endless expanse of white out there....and every time I go out to shovel a bit back onto what I guess is the lawn, more comes down to replace it.

But today I spoke with my editor at the local paper where I write a monthly, or sometimes a twice a month commentary. His editor says that they want to have me write a monthly advice column!

Yes, I know it's not going to win any Pulitzers. But man, it's going to be fun. So, please, send questions my way!

More on this new column as I figure out the perameters. Advice is welcome! What topics should be included. What maybe shouldn't be.

How about a good title? "Ask Pastor Elizabeth" sounds kinda lame to me, so I'm eager to get your ideas.

Gotta love this Poynter Sisters video -- it's a little off topic, but it sizzles.

4 commentaires:

dadshouse a dit…

Congrats on the advice column! What's the general topic? Just - advice? Like anything?

BigLittleWolf a dit…

Sounds fabulous! (Will it be accessible online? Be sure to share!)

Wallacewriter a dit…

Thank you, David and BLW.

I think they will put it online. They have an online presence, but it's been pretty conservative.

David, I'm not sure -- that's in part why I'm looking for advice. My feeling is topics should range from relationships to etiquette to spiritual issues. I don't see myself as an expert, but I do want to help others help themselves.

But in the next day or so I'm going to be trying to give my readers some boundaries.

norman.pease a dit…

congrats and good luck.