jeudi, octobre 30, 2008

Any sane people in the blogosphere?

It really is the crazy season. And I'm not even talking about the financial crisis, though that's fueling some of our paranoia.

We are all a little nuts at the moment, me included.

One of my colleagues worries that public disillusionment with media "in the tank" for Obama will lead to them abandoning conventional media altogether (can someone explain what tank - where does this phrase come from?).

Yes, we media types tend to be more middle of the road and liberal on certain issues, like freedom of the press (duh). But I think we are more prone to get crushes on certain candidates -- and then to chew them up and spit them out. That's possibly one part of what happened to John McCain. Once they were kicked off the Straight Talk bus, and didn't have access, where could they get their information? From ticked off employees who loved to talk about Sarah's wardrobe.

Besides, those policy disputes are so booring...

Call me cranky. I got skewered today on the blog for which I write (http://getreligion.org/) for referring to candidates in the Democratic party who aren't fans of Roe V. Wade as "anti-abortion" rather than "pro-life." My critics weren't happy when I said that I didn't consider the abortion rights folks "anti-life."

As I said, it's the silly season.

Five more days to go! I know that this is a particularly hard time for Republicans.

I hope for our country's sake, that if Obama wins, he'll govern from the center (whatever that is).

Conservatives in the Republican Party should take heart, though. If the Phillies can win a World Series, their time will come again. Of course, it took our team 28 years.



Aucun commentaire: