vendredi, avril 18, 2008

What is truth?

Read the linked article by one of my most adored NYT columnists, Nicholas Kristof, and ask yourself: how do my biases affect what I read or how I think or how I feel about others?

This psychodrama is currently being played out in the Democratic primary. It's scary how many voters tell pollsters they will defect to the Republicans if their boy or girl isn't the candidates.

If they don't get exactly what they want, they will take their marbles and go home to Dad.

Kristof's research-rooted comments really should provide a check for those of us who think we see clearly. We may be viewing facts through the clouded eyes of prejudice-or we may accept bias because it is one with which we we are comfortable.

If nothing else, read it for the last couple of sentences, which are hilarious. But to laugh at the tail end, you have to wade through the beginning. Enjoy!

Aucun commentaire: