lundi, août 27, 2007

Life doesn't always imitate art

As you know, if you've been keeping up with my 'blog, I'm pursuing a topic that I find interesting from a psychological, sociosexual, sign of the times point of view-polyamory. Most of the polys with whom I have spoken, at least on a superficial level, sound as sane as many of the monogamous couples I've chatted with. Grounded, smart, curious.

Not to mention, oy vey, some (not all, fellows) of the single guys (and guys who claim they are single) with whom I chat online.

The fact that I posted a few articles on polys on my website should not be construed as either an endorsement of the particular POV (though I do like Alan's writing) OR some hint that I'm going poly).


That being said, I chuckled when, as I was wrestling with the problem of how to post these links to Alan's provocative posts, I got a "wink" from a 58 year old "Golfer11111" (not his real tag, but close).

My mind quickly sped from polyamory to swinging. A GOLFER? What was he thinking? I guess I'll check him out...I wonder if what he thinks of when he plans a foursome?

I asked one guy I chatted with what he thought of when I mentioned a threesome, and he said he just wondered what had happened to the fourth golfer. This is not a good sign. But I think this has more to do with my silly contempt for golf than it does with any inclination towards swinging. On the other hand, golfers love swinging clubs, so they might surprise me!

OK, OK, I'll stop. For now.



Aucun commentaire: