samedi, mai 26, 2007

Gutter language

I went to the Home Depot last night to pick up a few gutters, some elbows, and a couple of garden hoses. Sounds simple, don't it? The problem is...well, the problems are manifold.

I started in the gardening section. That wasn't a tough decision. After all, doesn't everyone? I'm buying plants this season as though I was starting my own little conservatory. I think it has something to do with all of the illness around me-a way of adding color and life, and a method of forcing me to push the chair against the desk and walk outside. My little outside garden gets the full force of the sun most of the day-which is great for sun loving plants. Unfortunately, it appears that some sun loving plants are midnight snacks for deer.

So, back at Home Depot, I'm standing amidst perhaps 20 different kinds of hoses, trying to figure out whether its alright to buy two different brands, and how to connect them should I do so. Who knew there were so many ways of connecting plastic tubes, hoses to faucet, hoses to sprinklers?

Finally, I make my choice (turns out I've bought way more hose than I probably need, but that is alright)...and head to back to the gutters, where I belong...

TBC

Aucun commentaire: