jeudi, août 08, 2013

Gay marriage and the evangelical hinge

 I love the idea that we live in "hinged" moments...that there is a whole reality about to unfold just beyond our line of sight.

Thus the conversation about sexuality engages me at the same time that it makes me anxious, because neither I (nor you, my dear) can control it.

 We can't get ahead of these changes.  We don't know what's coming.

Decadence or reform? Redefinition or a new traditionalism? And who gets to define either of these?

So take my Reuters "Guestview" as a snapshot of what's going right now, not necessarily what is to come...which may be much more exciting. Or scary. Or both, depending on where you find yourself.

http://blogs.reuters.com/faithworld/2013/08/08/guestview-gay-marriage-and-u-s-evangelicals-conciliatory-tone-traditional-doctrine/

Aucun commentaire: