samedi, janvier 19, 2013

What would Jesus shoot?

I don't want to take away your hunting rifles...but I don't "get" why you feel you need an assault rifle with 30-bullet ammunition clips.

Target practice? That's an art.

I'm o.k. if you want to go hunt deer, but I feel less safe knowing that you are next to me at BJ's armed to the hilt.

While I don't interpret the Second Amendment the way that the conservative Republican justices on the Supreme Court do, it is the law of the land. I respect your "right" to own guns (the same way I respect the "right" to abortion), though I vehemently disagree with it.

I still don't understand, however, how Christians who worship the ultimate icon of nonviolence can double down on weapons that kill.  Maybe someday I'll run into someone who can explain it to me in a way that makes sense.

Jesus cradling a rifle in his hands...imagine.


 http://lancasteronline.com/article/local/805092_Column--Seeking-Jesus-in-these-violent-times.html


Aucun commentaire: