jeudi, avril 26, 2012

Men without standards, women without scruples

Looking back, I've had occasion to be very grateful that my friends are, in general, really, really nice people.

There have been times in my life when I've had exposure to some women who really weren't all that nice.

Humans of the female persuasion (well, sometimes they were human), who gossipped and back-stabbed and spread rumors about other women have made my life, and these lives of some of my friends, miserable.

But on the whole, I'm thrilled to say that I have loyal, gracious and kind female friends.  And I have guy friends who have the excellent taste to be married or dating or friends with a higher class of women.

Now and again, however, I come across a person who has been beguiled into becoming friends with, or even dating, someone who is just toxic. Or scheming. Or so insecure that they walk on eggshells for fear of tears, or anger, or words better unsaid.

Watch the contagion spread.

Soon some friends aren't acceptable anymore.  Soon some family members aren't welcome. Soon the circle gets tighter and tighter, instead of more welcome and accepting.

If you find yourself in a relationship like that, you might want to consider -- am I becoming a healthier, kinder, more truly compassionate person?

Is my life becoming richer in love and laughter?

Or am I in bed with a vampire?

Pick a toothsome morsel like that, and you may find yourself not only smitten, but bitten.

Aucun commentaire: