mardi, mai 11, 2010

No knights in white satin

As a young adult, one of my favorite writers was the Scottish historical novelist, Dorothy Dunnett.

Dunnett wrote phenomenal novels about a character who crossed Europe, into Turkey and other places in the Renaissance world, and ended up back in Scotland. His name? Francis Crawford, black sheep of his family -- and an incredibly sexy, macho, but conflicted, sensitive guy.

He could seduce women with French love poems and English songs, spend a sleepless night, and the next day go out and fight the bad guys -- and win.

Anyway, one of the novels takes place, much of it, on the island of Malta. From whence I came to learn about the Knights of Malta.

But when I met a local rep for the Order, I realized that things have changed since the 16th century...

So come read about what the Order's up to....here.

2 commentaires:

norman pease a dit…

interesting. Sounds like a good way to build the faith. I wish him luck.

dadshouse a dit…

I could use some 16th century swashbuckling in my life right now! :-)