dimanche, décembre 14, 2008

Ain't misbehaving...

Goodness knows, I've run into a lot of different types of men online. But the ones who continue to baffle me are those think I should be honored because they want to jump into bed with me.

Am I missing something? Is this a case of upper middle class, middle-aged entitlement gone amok?

Blue collar workers generally don't try this on with me. It's the lawyers and bankers who seem to think that I'd be game for a mental and physical romp engaging those parts below the waist and above the shoulders, but not involving the heart.

It happened again yesterday. When I told someone I respected that I wasn't a romantic, he said he wasn't, either. Then he asked me to ponder some episodes of between-the-sheets fencing.

I didn't have to ponder, I told him.

I may not be ready for the white picket fence, but I'm not casual about my relationships.

Clearly, the Internet emboldens some of these men to suggest hooking up. I can't imagine having these chats over a nice bottle of merlot at a Main Line brasserie.

It's not as though the would be rakes are slime molds, by any means. But it sure doesn't show them at their best.

Should I be insulted? Should I "ponder" the theory that these fellows think I'm so desperate that I would shed my principles and my clothing for a few moments of fun and perhaps a nice dinner out?

I don't think it's quite that simple. But I do wonder at the psychology of the middle-aged man who thinks that you can still play around with casual sex in your forties and fifties and not get hurt.

I wonder how many women say yes.

Aucun commentaire: