mercredi, mai 14, 2008

Where did the time go?

I see Slate has an edition on procrastination. And I'm going to read it-just not tonight.

Are you like me? Do you have a way of putting off until next week what could have been accomplished three days ago?

It's not until rain threaten, as now, that I race out to try to mow the lawn just ahead of it. It's not until the commentary is due the next day that I settle down and get serious. I am preaching twice in June-and do you think I've looked at the readings?

To say that I'm not alone is not to excuse myself. It's amazing how much more I could do if I was disciplined-or consistently, as opposed to intermittently. Yes, some of those lost moments were spent smelling roses-but a lot of them were spent reading other peoples 'blogs, or checking
Facebook, or messaging people online.

Are you like me? Or have you found a secret you'd like to share for organizing your time so that you do more and appreciate more?

Maybe they've got a diagnosis for me at Slate. Right now I've got some mowing to do.

Aucun commentaire: