lundi, juin 23, 2008

All you really need....

As I said in my comment on the last post, I'm not the type of woman to kiss and tell. In other words, I try to avoid most specifics. I admit that I am a bit of a sucker for larger than life characters, though-or guys who are quirky enough to make good column fodder.

I'm a bit of a journalistic jade, I suppose. I think most of us who spin words find material in our relationships to one extent or another.

The failure of my latest attempt to bridge the female-male gap saddens me.

I've been reflecting on how we keep looking for what we think we need. We make our lists, we embrace our prejudices, we put up the walls so that someone who doesn't satisfy our dream of the ideal man (or woman) won't sneak under our guard.

And yet we toss away, or mistreat, something unexpectedly good-because it doesn't conform to our idea of what we ought to have.

Sometimes kindness, and laughter, and kisses, should be enough.

I don't know if he would understand what I was talking about. I don't know if I'll ever get a chance to explain it. I just know it didn't feel good knowing that he had already crossed the moat-and walled off the bridge.

Aucun commentaire: